Destinations & Resorts
Holidays to Cancun Mexico
Cancun is located on the northeast coast of the Yucatán Peninsula in the Mexican state of Quintana Roo. The “Hotel Zone” runs for about 14 miles and offers a wide choice of accommodations with beach front access. The central zone is bustling with nightlife and offers a wide choice of restaurants, bars and nightclubs. Further south, rhe Riviera Maya region features the tranquility of un-crowded sugar-white beaches, a vast network of underground rivers and the world’s second largest barrier reef. Enjoy a variety of enriching activities including bird watching, nature walks, scuba diving and snorkeling and deep sea fishing.
Local Points of Interest:
- Cenote Route – A route through the Yucatan Peninsula found near Cancun and Puerto Morelos that contains cenotes or sinkholes that are underground marvels.
- Puerto Morelos – Puerto Morelos is known for its beachfront restaurants, bars and lounges.
- Fishing in Puerto Morelos – Located between Playa Del Carmen and Cancun, a quaint fishing village with exceptional deep sea fishing and enormous catches.
- Palancar Reef – The Palancar Reef, located in Cozumel, is an enormous reef visible to visitors snorkeling.
- Downtown Cancun – Exciting area near the Cancun ‘Hotel Zone’ and steps away from Cancun’s most popular attractions.
- Playa del Carmen – Originally a small fishing town, now Playa Del Carmen is a bustling tourist attraction with its pristine beaches and turquoise water.
- Cozumel – Cozumel is conveniently located and a perfect scuba diving and snorkeling destination.
- Chichén Itzá – Chichén Itzá is one of the most impressive of all the Mayan Ruins, named one of the ‘new 7 wonders of the world.’
- Cobá – The Mayan ruins of Cobá are located deep in the jungle, boasting the tallest pyramid in the Yucatan peninsula.
- Tulum – These Mayan ruins are located in the one of the most important cities of its time and are among the most popular tourist sites in the area.
- Xcaret – Learn about Mayan culture and enjoy family activities at this ecological/archeological theme park.
- Xel-Ha – Enjoy aquatic adventures in natural lagoons and caves while learning about ancient Mayan culture.